Terms & Conditions
A. Custom Shapes
In addition to the standard shapes listed in this catalog Coast will quote on architectural and structural shapes designed by customers for special applications. Dies for the production of these shapes are for the exclusive use of the customer concerned. Special tooling for custom designed shapes is subject to an initial die development charge that varies according to the size and complexity of the shape to be extruded.
All quotations are subject to change without notice and all sales made subject to strikes, accidents, or other unavoidable delays.
C. Confirmation Orders
Confirming orders should be marked “Confirmation”, preferably across the face of order, to avoid possibility of duplication.
D. Errors and Claims
We will gladly correct promptly when called to our attention. Information in this book is subject to error and is not guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to correct stenographic errors in quotations or invoices.
- All claims must be made within 5 days after receipt of goods.
- All material furnished by us that prove defective or not up to standard will be replaced, provided they have not been improperly used.
- Under no circumstances will claims be allowed for damages or for any expense, including labor, incurred by the use of metals, materials or goods furnished by us.
Definite instructions as to route, packing, insurance, etc., should accompany all orders, otherwise goods will be packed and shipped according to our best judgment. All orders not quoted F.O.B. destination are accepted with the understanding that they move at the risk of the purchaser, as delivery to the transportation company in good condition ends our responsibility.
F. Returning Goods
It is necessary to obtain our permission before returning materials. If permission is given, please:
- List the articles to be returned including the invoice date and Coast's packing list and invoice number
- Pack all goods carefully
- Prepay all transportation charges
- Write our address plainly and include your name and address on the tag or parcel where it can be easily read
Credit may be secured upon application by submitting three commercial credit references and the name of your local bank. Firms suitably rated in credit publications (Dunn & Bradstreet) will be shipped on open account basis. Those not listed will be shipped on C.O.D. basis unless credit references are submitted with initial order.
H. Terms of Payment
Net 30 days from date of invoice; “Interest will be charged on all past due accounts at the highest rate allowable under California law on all past due accounts. This invoice is subject to the terms of warranty and sale stated on the reverse side.”
Terms of Sale
- This agreement is subject to, governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. The buyer consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California and venue laid in Alameda County and/or the United States District Court, Northern District of California, in San Francisco, California.
- In the event there is legal action to enforce, defend, or construe any of the provisions of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement for all expenses and costs incurred, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement of buyer and seller, supersedes all oral negotiations, and may not be modified except by an instrument in writing duly executed by buyer and seller.
- This invoice may be accepted only by the terms set out herein. Terms in your purchase order, if any, which are in addition to or are not identical with the terms of this invoice will not become part of the contract.
Sellers Terms of Warranty
Reasonable precautions are taken by the seller to provide material conforming to the specifications agreed upon by buyer and seller.
The seller will replace at the point where delivery of the material is first made, or at his option, will allow credit for the purchase price of such material (owned by the original purchaser) if, and only if, provided:
- The material is proved defective, or not in conformity with the specifications agreed upon.
- The buyer has notified the seller of the defect with reasonable promptness after delivery of the material and
- That the seller has been given a reasonable opportunity to inspect the material.
No claim will be allowed by the seller to the original purchaser, or to anyone else, for the cost of labor expended, or for any separate, special, indirect, or consequential damage including, but not limited to, consequential damage because of the rejection of finished parts.
We hereby certify that these goods were produced in compliance with all applicable requirements of section 6, 7, and 12 of the Fair Labor Standards Acts, as amended, and of regulations and orders of the United States Department of Labor issued under section 14 thereof.